Upper Hutt i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
Your local experts with free travel advice and bookings for tours, activities and accommodation
We provide a comprehensive, impartial information and booking service for Upper Hutt, the Wellington Region and New Zealand for accommodation, activities, attractions and travel bookings.
The Upper Hutt i-SITE Visitor Information Centre is part of New Zealand’s official nationwide Visitor Information Network.
The Upper Hutt i-SITE is located in the popular Whirinaki Whare Taonga building, which is a must see with its ever changing exhibitions and fabulous on-site café.
The natural beauty of Upper Hutt is apparent everywhere you look. Our river, the Awakairangi (Hutt), snakes its way through the beautiful, bush-clad valley.
The best way to spend a day in our city is on a bike or foot. Only a ten-minute drive from the city centre you will find yourself marvelling at centuries-old Rimu, listening to the call of the tui, and admiring the playful flight of the piwakawaka (fantail).
Free travel bookings and ticketing for
- Bluebridge Cook Strait Ferries
- Great Journeys of New Zealand (Interislander, Northern Explorer, Coastal Pacific and TranzAlpine)
- Intercity buses
- A selection of accommodation and activities throughout New Zealand via BookIt
Plus all you need to get around
- Snapper cards for bus travel within the Wellington region
- Maps and visitor guides for many locations throughout New Zealand